Spring Break - Jackson Hole, WY
The crown jewel of our club, the annual Hoofer SnS Spring Break trip, is back for the 56th time! There is nothing better than the tradition that Hoofers has created with the Jackson community. If you like deep snow, backcountry, sick vertical, and a classic ski town experience, Jackson is the trip for you. Furthermore, who wants to go lie on the beach for Spring Break when you could be riding the pow and shredding the gnar at one of the most bodacious mountain resorts in the entire world. Home of Teton Gravity Research and some rockin’ cowboys, Jackson Hole is 10,000 feet closer to the sun, gets 400+ inches of snow per year, and will knock your socks off! Jackson Hole has 2500 acres in bounds plus an additional easily accessible 3000 acres out of bounds and 4139 continuous vertical feet from top to bottom. Now... you might say, "Gee, isn't going out of bounds against the rules?" Not at Jackson Hole! They have gates that you are allowed to use to access the out-of-bounds area, but remember your avalanche gear. More info can be found at Jackson Hole's website.
If you're still not sold, ask any past participant from the trip how awesome it is, and we guarantee you the conversation will be followed with a 20‑minute story about a powder day followed by a social in Jackson.
- March 11 - 17, 2023
- Base Price: $658
- Charter Bus Price: $426 ($1,084 total)
- Important Note: If you do not pay for bus transportation, you are responsible for arranging your own transportation to Jackson Hole.
- $370 discount with Ikon Pass
- Final payments and signups by February 9th
- $100.00 deposit to reserve your spot
- Deposits to reserve a spot are due by February 4th
- Antler Inn
- 7 days, 6 nights
- Lift Tickets:
- 3 day pass
- Antler Inn Elk Dinner
- Annual Water Pong Tournament
- Hoofer Brat Fry
- Bar Crawl
- Member of Hoofer Ski & Snowboard Club
- Member of the Wisconsin Union (for travelers outside of UW-Madison)
How Do I Sign Up?
1. If you are not a UW-Madison Student or Faculty, join the Wisconsin Union here: https://union.wisc.edu/get-involved/become-a-member/
2. Purchase a membership to the Hoofer Ski and Snowboard Club (good for the entire school year!) for $45 here: https://members.hoofers.org/
3. Click here to sign up!
THIS TRIP FILLS UP FAST. DON’T GET LEFT OUT OF THIS HOOFER TRADITION THAT HAS BEEN GOING STRONG FOR MORE THAN 50 YEARS!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can people who aren't UW students go? YES! In fact, they are encouraged to come. As long as you are a Union member (UW students are automatically Union members) and a Hoofers Ski and Snowboard member, you can go.
What if I don't know how to ski? Jackson Hole is accessible to everyone, and lessons will be available at a discounted rate! That being said, the better you are, the more you can enjoy the mountain.
What if I don't know anyone going? Hoofers trips are a GREAT way to meet new people. If needed, talk to us and we can work out a rooming situation for you.
Is there an opportunity to go into the backcountry with some sort of guide? Unfortunately, Hoofer SnS is not currently able to organize a backcountry guide for the club. Sorry!
For more information, contact the VP Trips, Cyrus Hill, at email@example.com!