Hoofers will take small trips to Tyrol Basin every week from the start of the spring semester until whenever we run out of snow. This is a great opportunity to get out and shred with your friends, and you might even make some new friends while you're at it!
NOTE: Trip details such as dates and prices are subject to change without notice. Please check back here for the most up-to-date information!
- Trips will be held every Tuesday, Sunday, and select Fridays and Saturdays until the end of the season.
- Each trip purchase includes transportation, lift ticket, and the option to purchase a rental package. Alternatively, if you have your own transportation, you can purchase a lift ticket separately with our Hoofers discount. If you need to rent gear, just select that option when you sign-up for the trip and the hill will set you up with rentals once we arrive.
- Van leaders will contact you the day before the trip regarding where you want to get picked up.
- Cancellation must be made 48 hours before the trip by calling the Outdoor Programs Office at 608-262-1630, or emailing the local trips director!
- We have a minimum amount of people we are required to bring on each trip, should we not reach that minimum we will reach out 24 hours beforehand and either initiate the refund process with you, or offer to move you to a trip on a later date at no additional cost.
Click here to see what to bring on a local trip!
See details for each weekly trip below:
Every Tuesday we will go to Tyrol Basin from 4-9pm, lift tickets are $20, transportation is $10, and rentals are $20
On weekends lift tickets to Tyrol Basin are $32, transportation is $13, and rentals are $5.
Sign up for trips will be opened in 3 groupings. The first trips will be open for sign up on 1/11, then 2 more groupings will open on 1/25 and 2/8. You can sign up and pay online at https://members.hoofers.org by clicking "Sign up for an event" in the top right corner. Alternatively, come down to the Outdoor Programs Office to sign up and pay the transportation
and ticket fee. The Hoofers office closes at 6 p.m., and you may sign up any time we are open, up until the day before the trip. You will NOT be allowed to sign up for a trip the day of the trip. Trips fill up fast, so sign up early
In keeping with campus safety standards, we require all participants who choose to use Hoofers transportation to follow UW Madison’s indoor mask policy. Additionally, all participants must follow Tyrol Basin’s COVID-19 guidelines. If someone tests positive after a trip, all participants will be encouraged to self-isolate in accordance with University guidelines. Please see specific events for more details and don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns!
Tyrol Basin has 18 tree-lined slopes and 5 terrain parks that cover 40 acres on a 300-foot vertical hill. Located just 20 minutes away from Madison in Mount Horeb, Wisconsin, Tyrol Basin is in the perfect spot for weekly trips with Hoofers SnS
For more information, contact the Local Trips Director, Alex, at firstname.lastname@example.org!