Hoofers will take small trips to Tyrol Basin every week from the start of the semester until whenever we run out of snow. This is a great opportunity to get out and shred with your friends, and you might even make some new friends while you're at it!
NOTE: Trip details such as dates and prices are subject to change without notice. Please check back here for the most up-to-date information!
- Trips will be held every Tuesday and alternate Saturdays and Sundays until the end of the season.
- Each trip purchase includes transportation, lift ticket, and the option to purchase a rental package. Alternatively, if you have your own transportation, you can purchase a lift ticket separately with our Hoofers discount. If you need to rent gear, just select that option when you sign-up for the trip and the hill will set you up with rentals once we arrive.
- Van leaders will contact you the day before the trip regarding where you want to get picked up.
- Cancellation must be made 48 hours before the trip by calling the Outdoor Programs Office at 608-262-1630, or emailing the local trips director!
- We have a minimum amount of people we are required to bring on each trip, should we not reach that minimum we will reach out 24 hours beforehand and either initiate the refund
process with you, or offer to move you to a trip on a later date at no additional cost.
Click here to see what to bring on a local trip!
See details for each weekly trip below:
Every Tuesday we will go to Tyrol Basin from 4-9pm, lift tickets are $25, transportation is $10, and rentals are $5.
We are also offering select trips on Thursday nights this year. Tickets are $27, and rentals are again $5. On Thursdays we do not provide transportation, you must find your own ride to the hill.
On weekends lift tickets to Tyrol Basin are $30, transportation is $10, and rentals are $5.
New this year we are offering one trip to Granite Peak on March 14th. Please see the event on the events calendar for more details. Sign-ups close a week before the trip, so sign-up soon!
You can sign up and pay online at https://members.hoofers.org by clicking "Sign up for an event" in the top right corner. Alternatively, come down to the Outdoor Programs Office to sign up and pay the transportation and ticket fee. The Hoofers office closes at 6 p.m., and you may sign up any time we are open, up until the day before the trip. You will NOT be allowed to sign up for a trip the day of the trip. Trips fill up fast, so sign up early!
In keeping with campus safety standards, we require all participants who choose to use Hoofers transportation to show the driver of their vehicle a green badger badge prior to entering the vehicle. You must always wear a mask inside the vehicles. Additionally, masks must always be worn indoors and on chairlifts in accordance with Tyrol Basin’s COVID-19 guidelines. If someone tests positive after a trip, all participants will be encouraged to self-isolate in accordance with University guidelines. Please see specific events for more details and don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns!
Tyrol Basin has 18 tree-lined slopes and 5 terrain parks that cover 40 acres on a 300-foot vertical hill. Located just 20 minutes away from Madison in Mount Horeb, Wisconsin, Tyrol Basin is in the perfect spot for weekly trips with Hoofers SnS!
For more information, contact the Local Trips Director, Joe and Nick, at email@example.com!