Statement of Intent
The Hoofers Ambassadors Grant is intended to promote diversity and accessibility by decreasing financial barriers to the outdoors. We recognize that certain groups and identities have been historically underrepresented in the outdoors, and this grant is an effort to change that narrative. It intends to foster inclusivity and provide individuals with new experiences in Hoofers Ski and Snowboard.
- Applying | for students who have questions while filling out their FAFSA.
- Types of Aid | will help students know what they’re applying for
- Your Offer | will help students understand their financial aid offer once they receive it
- If students have any questions about their FAFSA and would like to speak with an Advisor, they can reach out to us anytime https://financialaid.wisc.edu/contact/.
Who is eligible?
Everybody looking to be/already in Hoofers
How far in advance do I need to apply?
- Membership Grants: will be evaluated within 20 business days.
- Trip Grants: please apply 10 business days before the trip sign up. Certain trips like spring break trips will require an earlier application. Please contact HAfinance@hoofers.org for more information.
- Lesson Grants: please apply 10 business days before the trip signup/payment is due. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
Is there a limit to how much I can ask for?
Ask for as much as you need. We reserve the right to reward a certain percentage of the amount applied for. This means you may receive the entire amount you applied for, or a smaller stipend.
I already received a grant from Hoofer Ambassadors or from a Hoofers club, am I eligible to apply again?
Yes! Please note that this grant has the goal of providing new experiences for individuals.
Can I apply for more than one grant at a time? (Ex: I need a membership, but also need a grant for the trip I want to go on.)
Yes! Apply for what you need.
Can I apply for a grant for multiple clubs? (Ex: I want to go on both a mountaineering lesson, and an outing weekend backpack trip)
Yes! You just need to list each grant that you are hoping to receive within the application (by checking the boxes) and provide the requested information for each one.
Do I need to submit FAFSA information?
Yes, but if you have already filled out a FAFSA you do not need to resubmit
Is there anything I will need to do after receiving this grant?
Have fun! And we hope to see you around in Hoofers more in the future!
I have a question not covered on this page, who should I ask?
Feel free to contact HAfinance@hoofers.org!